Foundation of Company and Product Launch
This Bachelor thesis depicts the authors' journey in the cryptocurrency industry over the last 18 months, from having worked as entrepreneurs and employees in the Initial Coin Offerings (ICO) industry to acquiring a small blockchain startup and preparing it for market entry with a self-designed and developed crowdfunding product.
Kim Wunderlin & Cyrille Wetter, 2018
Bachelor Thesis, Etrex Gmbh
Betreuende Dozierende: Rolf Meyer
Keywords: Bitcoin, Blockchain, Crowdfunding, ICO, Financing, Startup, FinTech
Funding a company should be a clear and efficient process that encourages potential entrepreneurs to take risks in order to achieve their vision. However, receiving early-stage funding, in particular seed money, for a company is a cumbersome and lengthy process. Traditional ways of funding are inefficient, slow and place heavy burdens on entrepreneurs. While the widespread adoption of the new technologies has eased the pain, financing itself is still processed by traditional institutions such as banks. The aim of this Bachelor thesis is to tackle this issue by positioning the so-called Initial Coin Offerings as a viable alternative to traditional ways of funding.
Over the last 12 months, we have been designing and developing a web application that enables clients to conduct Initial Coin Offerings. This document gives insight into this process as well as the results at the time of submission.
In addition, the authors also founded a limited liability company in Zug, Switzerland, and developed both a company as well as an environmental analysis and, based on this foundation, formulated a corporate strategy.
- created a thorough documentation of the application for the programmers
- designed a corporate branding for the product with etrex
- built a functional user interface in collaboration with etrex
- founded a Swiss company in which the client has a stake
- laid out both a corporate and functional strategy based on a previously-conducted environmental and company analysis
- created a plan and processes with which we plan to enter the market in Q1 2019
- forged a long-term partnership with etrex which gives them access to a new revenue stream
Essentially, we have laid the complete foundation for the market entry with this newly developed application in collaboration with our client. etrex is a critical piece of the puzzle and the operational activities are going to include them as well.
Studiengang: Business Administration International Management (Bachelor)
Fachbereich der Arbeit: Andere