Digital Reception - Raiffeisen Aare-Reuss, Evaluation of Customer Acceptance
The first digital reception branch of Raiffeisen Aare-Reuss was opened in September 2019 in Rupperswil, Aargau. The objective of this bachelor thesis is to analyze the customer appreciation and use the feedback to adapt the current business model.
Seitz Marc, 2020
Bachelor Thesis, Raiffeisen Aare-Reuss
Betreuende Dozierende: Markus Fischer
Keywords: Digitalization, Digital Banking, Digital Reception, Future of Banks, Raiffeisen Aare-Reuss, Raiffeisen Rupperswil,
Views: 12 - Downloads: 0
Technological development and the digitalization have also reached the banking sector. Rising cost pressure, increasing regulation and the loss of traditional sources of income, are further factors that reinforce the trend towards more efficient processes and technological solutions. Banks are attempt-ing to find a way in this challenging, fast moving environment and are working on innovative digital solutions. But how do customers perceive this digital change and the resulting solutions? This initial question built the starting point of my bachelor thesis.
This research used a qualitive approach. Investigations were made about setting up an interview and an own interview framework was set up. 16 short customer interviews of 10 to 15 minutes were conducted by phone. Only customers who have experienced the digital reception were contacted. All interviews were transcribed on paper into the interview framework. Then the feeback got implemented into a SWOT-analysis and furthermore the TOWS-strategies were formed. These strategies built the foundation of the proposed implications for Raiffeisen Aare-Reuss.
Customer acceptance is high and there is considerable potential to further develop the digital reception.
All requests are currently satisfied through the bank’s existing solutions, but to attract more business opportunites the listed implications should be considered by Raiffeisen Aare-Reuss:
• Set up of a different waiting page of the digital reception
• Creation of an ambassador video to motivate more customers to do digital banking business
• Disclose and present more personal details about the receptionists on screen
• Define unique digital service hours to attract different customers
• Develop a communication strategy in addition to the existing online communication channels
• Create a corporate identity with a unique logo for the Raiffeisen digital reception
• Open an additional digital reception in the state of Aargau
• Live the digital vision of Raiffeisen Switzerland and make it an integral part of daily business
Studiengang: Business Administration International Management (Bachelor)
Fachbereich der Arbeit: Accounting, Banking, Controlling and Finance